Friday, October 19, 2012

ThreeA Lady Sham Pure Red Devil









First black, then white and red. Lady Sham's been released in 3 versions to date, first in Shit Mood version (black) as RVHK event exclusive, and then more recently in the Pure (white) edition and the Red Devil Manchester War version, a 3AA only secret drop during the Pure sale. Having said that, she was surprisingly easy to score. I remember I bagged her while waiting to see the gynecologist with my wife. Incidentally, these 3 colours were used for the cat suit Tomorrow Queen figures: Reimi (red), Itami (white) and Yubi (black). Seeing the connection, I couldn't help myself but to do a few headswaps for the photoshoot.

Lady Sham casual edition was supposed to be released along with the Pure edition as well. Later on, it was decided to be postponed, much to the disappointment of many fans. I guess there is no point in rushing a product if it isn't done to the satisfaction of the creator yet. When it is released, bought, and delivered, I am so going to photograph the casual version with Yumiko.









Having done the headswap, I think it is obvious that Sham looks a little short-necked, and clearly, the problem lies with the Sham head for having too deep a socket for the ball joint on the neck. Another minor issue I had was how the white head Sham (which was supposed to be part of the Red Devil get up but I did a head swap here) sports a "lazy eye"... this is the same for many of the photographs I saw online. The right eye is painted visibly smaller than the black haired counterparts.

There isn't much to say that hasn't been reviewed in my previous review for the RVHK shit mood version. Some collectors have voiced out QC issues on the tailoring of the sleeve ends, which really is bad news since the trigger hand is hard enough to be fitted in as it is. One thing I noticed was that the cloth material used for Red Devil and Pure are thicker and harder than what was used for Shit Mood, which makes me wonder if it is because the material used on SM is really thinner to begin with, or has it been worn down after only a couple months of display...?

Red Devil, sold at the same price as Pure, sold with an additional pistol and holster, and also Mr Bridger the sock puppet, which I've forgotten to take a picture of... Doh! When I heard "sock puppet", I thought it would be cool to be able to fit it on the hands of a figure and display it as a real sock puppet. It wasn't really rocket science to just hollow out the bottom of the puppet and create a socket for the wrist ball joint peg. Alas, it turned out to be a solid, free standing piece. It is pretty well sculpted though.

2 comments:

Beautiful images as always! makes me regret not buying those TQ's :(

this collection is sweet. but they are too expensive now

Post a Comment