Sunday, April 21, 2013

ThreeA Tomorrow King Baka Slicer


It's with mixed feelings that I say that I've finally scored a 1/6 Baka. Well, on one hand I'm psyched to finally own him since he is one of my grails ever since I made the mistake not to buy him when he was on Bambaland. On the other, I hate the fact that the price on him has soared so drastically over the years and I finally gave in and got one seeing how prices don't seem to become any friendlier...

I don't think this figure needs much introduction, seeing how it has become one of the more iconic figures ever released by ThreeA. He is one of the two slicer TKs that are produced by 3A. The other being the 3AA exclusive Kyuuketsuki, pictured here. The grenades and slicers (each connected to the backpack with some chiense wordings on top: 大麻, which means Cannabis) are the slicers' weapons of choice, and Baka sports a long sleeve tee that says "Plusso Minos" on its back. I am not really sure what they mean, but they must be referring to the plus and minus graphic that is on the front of the tee. To complete his ninja look, Baka (and Kyuu) covers his face with a cloth.










The headsculpt has been reused for Kyoku, and then again for the TKYOs. However, I think that this head should always be used with the bandana covering it partially. I believe it was conceived for this purpose, for, a scar was added across the left eye to add some features and mystery to the covered face. Somehow, used on TKYO and Kyoku, I personally feel that it's lost its charm.

Though I'm not the 1st owner of this particular figure (pretty certain I'm the 2nd based on my chat with its seller), this piece of mine actually comes with all its joints pretty tight. The back pack may seem a bit bulky and out of proportion on the figure, but really, it does little to offset Baka's balance, which is superb.

Even though I paid through my nose for this figure, I feel that I must and I am pretty sure that the slicer that is promised to be the next member in the 7 Bones family will definitely not match up with Baka or Kyuu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment